Thursday, October 16, 2008

Oct 16, Part 17 - Paris: Leaving the Louvre

Hot and tired with sore feet, we decided it was time to make an exit. In the Louvre, all roads lead back to the glass pyramid.

We could see that the day had become less dark. The sun was shining, and the clouds were less dense.

I don't know this guy, but I was enjoying his enthusiasm.

There's Lee. We decided to leave via the north side of the courtyard, further down from where we had entered.

Everyone was enjoying the sun; the water of the fountain by the pyramid was sparkling.

The Arc de Triomphe du Carousel, just at the end of the Louvre. This is not the big Arc de Triomphe, which is at the far end of the Champs Elysees.

Moliere and other figures of the intellect perch on the end of the wing that houses the Musee des Arts Decoratifs. I think it's very cool that figures like this are commemorated with such prominent sculpture. I think I'd go to Paris just to see them.

No comments: