Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Oct 14, Part 3 - Notre Dame, Paris - nothing less!

We didn't have to walk anywhere after stepping out of the metro exit - we were right there, about 20 or 30 feet from where this picture was taken. It's Lee, of course, happy to be here. You can't see what the sky is actually doing, but it was overcast and gray. Not too cold, but definitely a very gray morning.

And this is me, possibly the only person in Paris wearing shorts - my outfit of choice both for Oregon and for sitting on airplanes.

Here are two of the three magnificent front portals of Our Lady of Paris. It's worth clicking on the picture to get a better look. But we didn't linger too long, we wanted to find our hotel, get rid of the luggage, and figure out what we wanted to do given that we were wide awake at first light in Paris, but basically pretty exhausted from the trip. I don't think either of us had slept very much.

I told myself I was going to take more people pictures on this trip, so I mustered my nerve and snapped these folks sitting right near us. I didn't even use the long-lense-don't-let-them-know-you're-taking-their-picture technique (but I was fast). I love the hair and bright blue scarf! They're probably Americans.

No comments: