Monday, December 08, 2008

Radio tower on the water

It was a beautiful day, with the sky so intensely blue at about 11:30 in the morning. I was leaning on the rail of the back deck as I often do, and then I looked into the water. . . .

I don't remember ever seeing the tower reflected like this. Sometimes the river is fairly calm, but maybe not as much like glass as it was today. For whatever the reason, the conditions conspired to create a remarkable image. I'll watch for it again, but I honestly don't know that I've ever seen it like this. Note the bird flying into the photo in the air above me, also reflected in the water's calm surface. I have a couple of pix where the tower appears more tangled and they look interesting, but I liked this one with the bird.

The three photos were each taken one minute apart, so the day was not completely calm. I assume the cloud indicated a bit of a storm and rougher waters coming, but as I'm posting this in January, I don't remember :)

No comments: