Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New ideas for tapir fundraising

I've been working on a new web page today for raising funds for various tapir conservation projects. One of the projects I started with is Kendra Bauer's Baird's tapir project in Corcovado National Park, Costa Rica. Here's Kendra's SaveTapirs.org web site. She loaned me this photo of "Noel," one of the Baird's tapirs in her project. Here's the tapir project donation page I've been working on. Scroll down till you get to the Baird's tapirs. The donation part of the page is just started, and will be a lot better once there are a number of projects on it. I'd be working on it all day, but Lee and I are going to take off for Portland for the holiday. I'll be back working in a couple of days, and I'm really excited about this new idea. Tapirs have been my love since 1968, so what better way to bring in the new year than to work on keeping them alive and well?

I hope anyone reading this has a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve, a great New Year's Day and of course, a fantastic 2009! I'm looking forward to it :) I've started on the Resolutions already, so look out!

No comments: