Friday, June 15, 2001

Jun 15: The view from Bond Street

I talked so much in recent posts about looking for an apartment and finally finding my wonderful apartment on Bond Street. Well, here it is! I'm standing at street level, and you can see the steep slope of the hill. The front door of the building is (of course) at the level of the street, then you go down two floors (4 flights) to my apartment, which is the only one on the bottom floor. The three windows at the bottom of the building are mine - two in the kitchen, and one in the living room. Others on the river side look out onto that view. I can see the bridge and the river. It's amazing. Above the ground floor are two more levels, so there are 5 floors in all. The apartments at the back of the building have the good view and the fire escape is so big, we use the landings for decks. They were probably built to do double-duty. I'll have pix of them another time.

No comments: