Friday, June 08, 2001

Day 4, Part 1: Bridge over the Snake River, Idaho

It was hot when we arrived at the Best Western in Twin Falls last night. There was a nice easy place to park the truck, and that was alluring for sure. And this morning it was nice, so we went down to take a look at the river.

The Snake River and the canyon were certainly a nice break from such boring countryside. You couldn't even see it until you got close. It was a nice surprise welling up out of the flatland - or down - we hadn't expected this.

I didn't find an angle to get a picture of the bridge, but his is the monument to the man it's named for, I.B. Perrine.

The parking area near the bridge allowed breathtaking views in both directions.


Time to get on the road again. That's the Mazda I bought slightly used in Santa Barbara and had had for the whole eight years I'd lived in Colorado. My mom helped me buy air conditioning for it, which had certainly been a big help.

The idaho high desert. There was lots of this. Miles and miles. The interesting (sight for sore eyes) Snake River was now left behind as we continued to travel west along the southern part of Idaho - brown like a potato.

No comments: