Saturday, June 16, 2001

I love living here!

What a beautiful place to live! I took these photos from my back deck overlooking Marine Drive and the Columbia River from my apartment at the top of Bond Street. I had traded one beautiful location, Palisade Colorado, for another, with an entirely different character and just as much beauty.

I consider myself lucky, but it's not all luck. I've chosen to live in beautiful places, and that means making choices that other people might not make. Looking for an apartment I could afford was difficult. There were so few available that weren't trashed or too expensive or had other things I didn't like. I WAS lucky the day I found this one. And frightened that I wouldn't get it, but I did.

Breathtaking views like this one, and simply the luxury of being able to stand on MY back deck in such an incredible location made me feel that whatever hardships I'd been through in the past few years, things had worked out. I love it here.

No comments: