Tuesday, July 03, 2001

July 3: Green shelf

Pictures like this always look productive to me. I had agonized, shopped, and then spent some money on a nice wooden shelf. It was already made, but not painted, and for some reason I had a visual image of the color it should be. There was no paint in the store remotely resembling this green, so asked for the nearest color and the guy said he'd customize it for me, but of course I couldn't get my money back. I didn't expect to. He'd add more black and I'd say it wasn't enough. He couldn't believe I wanted more and more black, but he accommodated, and I finally got what I was looking for. I'm good with color mixing, and in fact, in high school I kept getting passes out of various classes to match colors for a Christmas project the art class was doing. I'd made the original design and apparently was the only one who could figure out how to get the colors mixed right to match when we painted it as a large backdrop. Anyway, mixing paint and matching colors is one of my talents. I wish I could paint as well as I can come up with the colors. Well, maybe soon I'll get back into it. I also like the collaged tapir box there on the coffee table. The table was one of the first things Marco and I bought in Colorado when we moved there with almost no furniture. My former landlady, Jane, gave me the Laurel Burch cat mug.

No comments: