Friday, January 30, 2009

Pens and tapirs - Wow, thank you!

Oops, I just posted this on the wrong blog. It happens sometimes when you have six or so blogs! Anyway, the Tapir and Friends online gift shop is a huge part of my life and so are tapirs. I'll leave the post here instead of moving it :) I'm in Bend today working online for the gift shop and tapirs, and Sue is in Astoria working in the gift shop (which means also for tapirs). This has become part of the pattern of my life. Below my next comment is a letter that made both of us smile this morning, for sure!


The other day I blogged (on the gift shop blog) about our carved wood animal pens, and today we received a wonderful "Thank You" letter from a customer who bought quite a number of them. He wrote:

I just wanted to let you know that I received the order, and I am absolutely THRILLED. The craftsmanship and painting is remarkable, and I'm sure my little cousin will love all the stuff I got for her! (She's 9 and loves animals!) I'm so impressed by everything that I will definitely be ordering things for myself, and probably more for my family and friends! I loved reading your story about how you became interested in Tapir's . . . and how you raised Stanley in your house! You sound very passionate about Tapir's and helping endangered animals, and I think what you're doing is truly great!

Thanks so much, and I'm sure we'll be in contact again soon!

~ P

I e-mailed back (among other things):

We so appreciate your order. It all helps so much when we're trying to help the tapirs and keep up with the economy! And, we especially love to hear that someone appreciates the products we've chosen to sell. There are a lot out there, and we have particular standards for what we want to offer. So, it was heartwarming to hear how much you like them.

No comments: