Friday, November 21, 2008

Frosty morning in Bend

It was chilly last night with a little frost this morning. We passed one driveway that was iced over. It must have puddled up with water last night. A woman coming out of Safeway said, "I guess the summer is over." It seems they've had a very long warm season. It's fine with me that there isn't more frozen water around, because I have to drive back to Astoria this weekend, and I don't have snow tires.

Lee has snow tires on his car, so it's very rare that I would need them. This year may be different. I may end up getting some, but we'll see. My car usually stays in Astoria, where snow and ice are (most winters) a rare occasion. There are photos from the 1800s or early 1900s with Astoria iced up and the river frozen, but those days are long gone. Or so it seems. Maybe global warming will bring back the cold weather here.

No comments: