Thursday, January 04, 2001

Tapirs and home in Palisade, Colorado

Here's another photo of the balsa wood tapir donated to the Tapir Preservation Fund by Ian Rose. It came out a completely different color from the first photos.

Don't ask me why I thought they'd look good on this background. I was either just playing with the camera or trying to find something of neutral intensity to see what would happen to the color of the tapirs.

Elvis. What a nice cat - so pretty. I love her white bib and her eyes.

This is our back yard on Milleman Street. The place came with the big doghouse, but of course the dogs don't use it. The chickens do, though. They like to hang out there during the day. The mountain in the background is Grand Mesa, at about 10,000 ft. elevation, I think. I hope I'm not confusing that with its age, which is also about 10,000 years. The top of the mesa was created by a lava flow and there are "bottomless" lakes on the top along with some stunning scenery. They sometimes call it "the world's biggest flat-topped mountain," although I don't know if it is. I think there's another contender somewhere.

This is taken from our front yard looking west toward that hump at the end of the bluff, which is Mount Garfield. This location is so incredible, I can hardly believe I've been so lucky to have such a place to call home. When we initially rented the house before we bought it, there were only two places that fit what we were looking for and were in the right price range. This one allowed dogs and we wanted to get a dog. Also, we'd looked at Palisade and we loved the area. It worked out perfectly. It was such an amazing find after living in the Los Angeles area for so long.

No comments: