Sunday, April 06, 2008

Andy!

I hadn't seen Andy in 30 years (approximately). Actually, we couldn't remember when the last time was. It was probably one day when he lived in Ventura and I lived in Los Angeles on Durango Avenue. So I decided to drive down from Astoria to Sacramento. I think we were both a little scared, then very relieved to find out it was as if no time had passed at all. Incredible. The best kind of friend. Lots of laughs, a few tears, some great conversation, and promises to get together again soon. The weather was nice. The drive was great (a bit of wet snow and lots of rain in Oregon, then sun in California). Exceptional scenery. A good visit with Gary and Beth in Cottage Grove, Oregon, going south and then north. I'll post some photos when I can find the time (I hope; I always say that, and I mean it, too). Sacramento is full of trees. Nice! I came back with some new ideas for the web site. That's always fun. Uh, wait. I just noticed we're both wearing tapirs on our shirts. I didn't plan that, honest!

No comments: