Monday, May 14, 2001

Packing in Palisade

There's less than a month to go, and I'm seriously deciding what goes and what stays or gets thrown out, because what's going is already stacking up in the garage in bankers' boxes. I did NOT choose the pink. It came with the house. The room had belonged to a little girl, of course. I also didn't pick the foo-foo trim or the fake wood paneling. I began to tear some of this down, but I didn't get very far before I saw that it was unfinished underneath. It was going to be a big project.

There are a lot of books, some clothing, although mostly used as packing material, tapir skulls, and my projects - ring binders filled with paper, floppy disks, some printed on paper, some artwork and supplies (quite a bit), and assorted other projects such as fabric things. Sometimes it's hard to tell if these are classified as art, useable things like quilts, or potentially to be made into clothing. Most of the fabric doesn't end up finished, but I have absolutely loved gathering and working with fabric during the past few years. The designs and colors can be fantastic, and there's a store in Grand Junction whose buyer's taste and mine coincide all too often for the budget. Anyway, I'm getting ready for the road.

No comments: