Sunday, May 06, 2001

One photo on my birthday; Elvis in the fern

This is the only picture I took on my birthday. I'm writing this "from the future," and I've forgotten the details of the day. Marco had moved out. I was packing and planning my move to Oregon. Our divorce was being finalized, and I was getting ready to part with pets and home. It was my 52nd birthday. I hadn't made real friends in Palisade due to health, work, and the fact that when Marco and I were happy, we didn't seem to need anyone else. Also, I tend to be shy. I have a lot of friends and colleagues online, and a few really good friends in real life, but they all live far away. I'm sure my mom called, because she always does. My siblings probably e-mailed, because that's what we usually do.

As you can see, Elvis was sleeping in, and continuing to wreck, my gorgeous fern. Well, it's not gorgeous any more :( But she's so cute, and cats don't follow instructions very well. I had put it way up high but that didn't bother her!

No comments: