Thursday, April 16, 2009

Astoria-Warrenton Crab, Seafood & Wine Festival

Volunteer Badge, Wine and Seafood Festival
Wine and Seafood Festival You can click on this image to read the type. I've been meaning to volunteer at the Chamber of Commerce since the Tapir Preservation Fund and The Animal Store became a member last year, and I finally did it. I helped out with some badges and envelope-stuffing for the Crab and Seafood Festival the other day. My intention was to do something that would help the local business scene, and personally I'd like to meet and really get acquainted with more of my fellow business owners. I had a good time, and I got a free pass to the festival, which I hadn't expected. It will be fun. I've gone to a couple of these and had a good time, but the last few years, I've forgotten or been busy or out of town. I'm looking forward both to helping again at the Chamber and to festival. I'll take photos! The festival is the Chamber's biggest fundraiser each year, and there's great food to be had! I'm not much of a drinker, but I'll probably sample a wine or two. You can read more about the festival on the Best of Portland blog, which is where I got the second image.

2 comments:

Ming the Merciless said...

Hi Sheryl, I was so excited when I saw your comment about good coffee in Astoria before I realized you meant Astoria, Oregon. :-)

There is an Astoria in NYC too and I lived there for 8 years before moving to the neighborhood next to it.

Now, if only we have a crab, seafood & wine festival in Astoria, NY.

Thanks for visiting. I've never been to Oregon but I hear it is absolutely beautiful.

Ming the Merciless said...

Yes, we should meet up when you come to NYC in May. I may get some other NYC bloggers to come along too.

E-mail me when you have a definitely idea when you are coming.

mingtsainy@yahoo.com