Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Boogie

Astoria, Oregon ~ December 14, 2012

I sat in the back in a comfy rocking chair at the Christmas piano concert Debbie Loyd gave in their church to raise money for World Vision (goats, chickens, etc. to families in Africa). I was pleased to contribute something, and the total raised was $740.00. There really are people here, sitting on the left. I took the rocker at the back on the right where nobody was sitting so I could be comfy and leave early if I got tired, which I did.


For the first time in a very long time, I put on something other than my sweatshirt and jeans, and mingled with dressed-up people. I enjoyed Debbie's music and being in a social situation, but alas, I had picked the wrong parking spot. Cranking the wheel hard as often as it took to parallel park on Harrison Street was too much, and I arrived shaky and needing to leave early. Still, it was great to get out, great to enjoy some unusual arrangements of Christmas music, and . . . I did it! I also enjoyed contributing to a good cause other than tapirs. More on this subject another day.

No comments: