Sunday, August 09, 2009

Aug 9, Bend, Part 4: Flowers on Monterey Pines

Back home to Monterey Pines Drive after breakfast, I was struck by how beautiful the clouds were in the perfectly blue sky. It's been awhile since I've been to Bend, and everything looks different from the coast, and different from the last time I was here. I'd become trigger-happy with the Canon.

Here are some more gaillardia alongside the street across from the house. In the last post, I said, "Long may they bloom," but it appears that their season may be coming to an end. At least some of these have lost their petals.

The lavender in the front yard looks soft and beautiful.

And this lavender-colored pansy caught my attention near the front door.

I don't know what this orange flower is, but it's beautiful and it's nearly in focus. I like it.

This is also in the front yard at the edge of the grass. I think it's Queen Anne's lace going to seed, but I'm not sure. I like the patterns against the deep shade.


No comments: