Monday, May 12, 2008

Bill Clinton in Astoria, Oregon - May 12, 2008

Former President Bill Clinton
with Astoria's Mayor Willis Van Dusen

Photo by Sheryl Todd, May 12, 2008

This morning Bill Clinton spoke to a small crowd in front of the Maritime Museum on the waterfront here in Astoria, just a block and a half from our office. It was amazing standing less than 20 feet from a (Democratic - I would have felt a little different had he been a Republican) former President for an hour or so. I thought his speech was terrific, and so did the crowd, apparently. I got a chance to shake his hand. He spent the next half hour just talking to people along the police barrier (rather flimsy and not too restraining), and I would say Astoria gave Clinton a very warm and well-behaved greeting. More to come. I certainly enjoyed the morning and now I have to get back to work!

No comments: