Tuesday, April 03, 2001

April 3: Enjoying the company and the view

On this trip, unlike most of my trips (no matter where I go), I didn't take much. I think I was able to relax, and I had planned to just hang out and be there. Usually I take a lot of projects, things to do and read. This is the view of Thumb Butte from their living room. It's one of the few landmarks on the horizon. The view from the house is to the west.

I took this from the upper deck outside the living room. There's no yard to speak of, nothing cultivated and planted. The planting is the natural brush of the hillside, although that's supposed to be cut back to a certain distance from the house due to fire hazard. They told us that javalinas would come through on occasion, and a person should keep their distance because the javalinas could be dangerous. I was hoping to see some, but they never came while I was there. It would have been fun to see them and hear them stamping and snuffling, or whatever they do in herds. I've been told they can be noisy.
The house is on two levels, with the family room, kitchen, garage and master bedroom upstairs, and the guest bedrooms (one being Lois's sewing room/sanctuary; I wonder if Dad had his space? I can't think where that would be) and a huge family room or whatever you want to make of it downstairs. The house is on Solar Heights Drive. I'll mark it in Panoramio when I upload the photos. At least as of now, you can't sort photos in Panoramio, and I've been working back and forth, adding pix from Colorado, Oregon, Paris, etc. as the mood strikes. They're all mixed together.


No comments: