Wednesday, April 04, 2001

April 4, Part 4: Indian and Cowboy art: The Phippen Museum - and a bank

I took this photo inside the Phippen Museum (on Highway 89, 7 miles north of Prescott, so says their web site). The colors are beautiful, and look at the theme - dinosaurs! I don't remember anything about who made the piece or when. I wish I'd taken note.

This exhibit was equally striking. Here's what happens to culture. What does it mean?

And here's a cow sculpture. I don't think I was totally fascinated with it, but it was something to take a picture of. It was probably against the rules to take pix inside, but out here it was ok.

Another shot from in front of the museum.

I like this anachronistic composition, and especially the green of the wagon.

I probably thought the name of this bank was very strange when I took the picture. I've just looked it up online and it's real enough. The Fifth Bank and Third Bank merged in 1908 and didn't have the sense to come up with a better name than that, but hey. If I had their money, I wouldn't worry about it, either.

No comments: