Saturday, February 03, 2001

Ska in Grand Junction - Bright lights, dark shadows

This night was memorable, but not for the music. We'd been planning to grab some Jonny Lang tickets when they went on sale. We didn't realize they'd sell out in about 15 minutes, and we got there an hour after the place opened. Then we thought we'd try out the venue anyway since we hadn't been to this theatre. I don't remember the name of the band or if I'd ever heard of them. They sounded very, very practiced and professional. They moved together, they hit every note together, and I thought they were boring. I was having some fun with my camera, though.

I've taken very few photos with this kind of lighting, so it was an adventure. I like the way some of the images solidify in the bright lights, and I love the colors.
But things happened that night that grabbed me in the gut and made me feel that our relationship had hit bottom. As it turned out, that was about right, although I tried to keep it going, or figure out how that might be possible. In some ways, that night marked a turning point.

No comments: