Monday, January 05, 1970

c. 1950: Dad with Sheryl (top) and Kathy (bottom)


I think it's possible that the top photo is me and the second is Kathy, and she agreed with me, but we're not positive. Kathy had darker hair and I had a wider face. I think Dad looks a little older in the second photo, too, but that's really hard to tell. If my guess on who's who is right, the first is 1949, and the second 1951.

"I'm touched that Adam liked them and yeah, they sort of look like Life Magazine. They're of that era, black and white. I took out a few spots in the prints and lightened up my dad's face in a couple of them so you could see it. I was struck by one of the pix where he's holding Kathy or me. His t-shirt has holes in it, his fingernails have grease in them. It was like him, working on the ranch and then coming home to the family. It's a kind of 1940's image, maybe. The baggy t-shirt. We weren't exactly poor, but nobody bought new stuff every time it had a few holes in it! It's just a different age."

No comments: