Sunday, August 03, 2008

Working on two new Web sites


Yep! That's what I'm doing today. I'm working on a couple of Web sites, actually. I've put some new items on the animal pin site, which you can read more about on the gift shop blog if you're so inclined. I've also taken this basic format and am just starting to put together something I've been wanting to do for a number of years now - create a site just for our imported hand-crafted arts from Latin America. It's not up yet, but I'll keep you posted. You can see a few of the items on Tapir and Friends. I thought the cultural crafts from Latin America needed their own site for a number of reasons. We get them in small numbers, and it's just not cost-effective to put them on our existing site - i.e., it's so labor-intensive that they don't get posted. The new site makes it so much easier! Also, the crafts are not always easy to find in animal themes. There are so many wonderfully beautiful products made in Latin America that I wanted a place to show them where the theme is not limited. I'm hoping to launch the new site within the next couple of weeks. If you have thoughts about what you'd like to see, please send e-mail! In any event, the new site as well as the site for painted pins will benefit tapirs, because that's what we do here! Thanks for your support. Talk to you soon! ~ Sheryl

No comments: