Friday, May 02, 2008

May 2, Portland: My MA Convention Badge

I do have to say I enjoyed this. I felt like I learned a lot, and it was new and exciting. I didn't make any new friends, but I did talk to people and get a little out of my comfort zone. I enjoyed staying alone at the Double Tree, walking to the convention and taking photos along the way (to follow when I find time). Sue and I got to relate a bit outside of the regular business, and it was something different that I was doing. I felt independent and grown up in a way that happens when I step out of the routine and go somewhere, or stay somewhere by myself. As always, there was a lot of sitting, but it wasn't too bad. It was nice to be around people who were focused on improvement and basically positive-feeling. I am going to give this a serious go, although I don't see myself finding time for the fast track. That would definitely be an out-of-comfort-zone thing to do, but I think I would try it if I weren't already putting my time into The Animal Store.

No comments: