Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Girls' Night Out and a Peaceful Sunset

Around 5 pm, Laurie brought food and wine into Area Properties and hosted a "Girls' Night Out" party, where Laurel (Lee's daughter, my friend, and a Body Shop consultant), explained the company and the extremely inviting products, and let us try out several foot-pampering things. We soaked our feet in warm water, fragrant with peppermint-smelling natural stuff. The company was good, the food was good, and we had a wonderully relaxing time. We toweled off and tried the creams. Everything smelled so wonderful. I'm sure I can say that a pleasant time was had by all. I bought a few things, and in fact I'm going to host a party myself in a couple of weeks. Yum. It was fun.

From the office windows we could watch the changes, as the weather continued to do calm but interesting things. The light changed. It snowed, it hailed, it sprinkled, it stopped. A rainbow gleamed in a dark sky. You can see the cruise ship "Spirit of '90" docked behind the River Pilots' building. The clouds broke and the sun treated us to the scene below as the day came to an end. I went home with relaxed feet and, yeah, a bit of a pleasant buzz. Nice.

No comments: